We’re less than a month away from one of our biggest annual shows, Lucha de Sound, which is held at the University of Puget Sound. Lucha de Sound bears particular personal significance for me, as Puget Sound is my alma mater and I personally worked tirelessly to organize the first LdS in 2012 during my senior year of college. LdS 2013 promises to exceed the theatrical intensity and highflying action, and–despite drawing around 500 people last year–we expect an even larger turnout this year. The uninitiated can check out photos from last year’s event here.
The show will consist of 5 matches. Confirmed matches are as follows:
- Vagabundo & Angel Eyes (vs) Vago & Rey Jaguar
- La Avispa & Viento (vs) Chicano & (unconfirmed Exótico)
- Kevin Bereta (vs) Chris Rysek (American Pro Wrestling Special Event)
- Cromo & Hero (vs) Peligro & Sónico
- El Fénix & Astro Imperial (vs) Prófugo & X-Man
I am both honored and ecstatic to be working alongside Astro Imperial, an alum of Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre, for a second time. Other things of note, are the debuts of Rey Jaguar, Angel Eyes, and La Avispa, the latter being Lucha Libre Volcánica’s first luchadora. We will also be covering the event via Instagram & Twitter.